Thursday, February 21, 2008

Something is Missing

Yesterday it was obvious that something important was missing. There was evidence all over. Like the batteries stayed in the remote controls all day. I put my purse on a low chair when I came in and my keys on the table and they stayed there. I picked up the things on the floor in the morning and by night time the floor was still clean. I drank a coke and I didn't have to hide it. I was out past ten and it was ok. I sat in a religion class with no toys or books or noise, just notes and thoughts and insights. Yes, yesterday was strange, something was definitely missing.
I was teary all day about what was missing. Just the thought of it, set me off. I didn't know exactly how to be. Everyone kept telling me how nice it was to have a break from all that was missing, and in truth, the night's rest with no interruption was bliss, and the lack of luggage that I had to carry yesterday made me feel light, but even still something very important was missing.

I sent Eva to States on Tues, with my wonderful friends Kami and Nikki who came to visit for the weekend. We had a delightful three days that filled my soul in ways that I can't even articulate. They are the kind of friends that are more like extensions of my soul than other people. They took her to my mother. I was undecided until the very last minute about sending her, but it really was the logical choice. I have to drive our truck out of Mexico before April 1, because the Mexican government won't let us keep it here anymore. Justino's dad has to go to the border on March 6 for his visa interview, and needs us to go and help him, so the logical answer is go to the border with the dad, and then take the truck to Utah, since more than two thirds of the journey will be done by the time we get to Ciudad Juarez for his interview. My dad is coming to the border to drive back to Utah with me. Then I will get Eva, see a doctor for this pregnancy since I haven't yet and I am almost 5 months along, and then head back down here to be with Justino for two months before I go back to the states, the first of June to stay until the baby is born in July. I knew Eva couldn't make that 50 hour car ride without screaming herself right to death, so I sent her and now there is something really missing around. It's her. Life is not the same without my Eva.

2 comments:

Merilee said...

I bet it's really hard having Eva away, but take advantage and get lots of rest! The first time I was away from Hayden I about lost it. Anytime I thought about him I would tear up. You know she is in good hands. :)
I feel so bad, I knew your friends were coming down to see you and I was planning on sending my Twilight books with them to let you borrow. But we kept forgetting, or someone was sick and we couldn't make it up to Centerville. Time goes so FAST!
I haven't seen Eva yet, but am so excited go visit and see her. Can't wait to see you too. Good luck with the trip!

jill or jay said...

I know you miss your girl so much! I would feel that way about Jay being gone for 2 weeks even now, and he's ten. But it is a good chance for rest and just think of the fun your mom is having! What a nice thing for you to do as I'm sure your family misses seeing her grow. If you ever drive through Flagstaff on your way to Utah, I'll fix you lunch!