Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A less than perfect post about three significant events

I have decided that although I have had the perfect post in mind to address the following three significant events, I have found myself in the last three days without the strength to carry it all out. SO instead of delaying all the good news any longer, I will settle for the less than perfect post, that lacks pictures and is several days overdue.

1. My angel sister in law sent me the last installment of the wonderful Harry Potter series, and as I have been without books since I read the last ones she sent me, in August, I devoured it in two days. There are some perks to being sick, and now I hope it will be obvious why I haven't been on the computer as often as usual. I loved it by the way.

2. I GOT AN AUTOMATIC REAL LIVE, MADE IN THE STATES WASHING MACHINE. This news really merits it's own post. I had it all planned out, but due to illness the photos didn't get taken, and now I have had the washer running since Sunday, and it seems all very anti climatic. However, late or not, the fact that my hand washing days are over is not only extremely timely, in light of #3... wait we are getting there, but the most grateful bliss I have felt in since I got to Mexico. I even got, thanks to a neighbor downstairs moving, hookups for the washer. The original plan was to fill it with buckets. I still trek to the roof to hang dry, but oh the wonderment of being able to wash and sweep the floor, or take a nap, or cook lunch or WHATEVER at the same time, because there is a machine sweating and getting wet in stead of me as the clothes are scrubbed clean. I am so happy. I love my new washer. It also has magical powers because the first night I was here, some other neighbors that were moving tried to steal my new beautiful new toy, and my washer woke the up a wonderful soul who confronted the thief. He played dumb and said that he thought that was his wives washer. As if my new perfect in every way washer could be his wife's old beat up piece of junk that wasn't even hooked up. How rude. The worse part is that the thieving scum is a member of the Mexican AFI, ( like the FBI) supposedly employed to catch the bad guys, but like much of the law enforcment and security of this country, he is actually the bad guy him self.

3. Now for the biggie. The presence of an interesting unmistakable group of symptoms, and the absence of something else, it is has become quite clear that I am pregnant. Justino is elated and excitedly making this announcement, so I thought I better make it official. I estimate that my due date is July 16. I am not excited about being pregnant in a little town where there is grossly inadequate health care available to me, and where the idea of refrigerating meat is only sometimes embraces, ( the smell really sends me over the edge in my current state). But I have a washer, and the weather is cooling off, so I think I will survive. I am haunted every day thinking of having this baby without Justino, which unless we get our miracle by July will have to be the case, because I am not going to have to apply for legal status of another member of my family, so I will have to return to the states for the birth. Jusitno says that at least something in out life isn't hanging in the clutches of cursed limbo, and he is right. Our family is progressing. We are now waiting for one more member of our family. And that truly does bring us joy. Our stake president said in stake conference that joy is different from happiness. He said that joy is eternal and happiness is fleeting. He said that our happiness will rarely be complete because of the nature of this life, but we can have joy in our trials as we rely on the Lord. I am not very happy. I am sick, and scared and I don't want to face what is coming up. But I have perfect joy knowing that another beautiful baby is coming to be part of our family. And that is enough for today.

6 comments:

Christina said...

WOW!!! Congratulations, Brook! I am so excited for you and your family, even though I can relate to being pregnant in a place where health care is lacking. I hope everything works out for the best. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Brookie! Yea thats so great! Pregnancy sucks but babies are wonderful! You are amazing. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We miss and love you.
Emmy

jill or jay said...

I am so happy for you!!!!! And e-mail me with your address if you want and I'll send some books too. My e-mail is on my blog. Again, congratualtions!!

Merilee said...

I was waiting for you to say something...you know your Mom spilled the beans to me. oops. I am so excited for you to have another little one. But, I feel for ya. Pregnancy is not fun, especially with all the worries you face. I know that you can do it though! You are a great Mom. So, congratulations on the coming addition to your little family! By the way, your Stake president sounds wonderful. I love what he said, "joy is eternal and happiness is fleeting." I love that.

Maewen Archer said...

Congratulations! That is big news!

MadMad said...

Reading your stories is always such an experience for me. It is amazing what you do. Congratulations on the pregnacy. Email me, too, with your address. madmadhousewife@gmail.com