Monday, November 5, 2007

Yes, This really is happening

So yesterday in our stake conference ( a stake is a group of several congregations of our faith that are all in a similar geographic area, presided over by a stake president) I was in charge of the choir. We got there early for the last choir practice and suddenly Justino is telling me that the stake president wants to see me. Why I wonder.... must be about the choir.

So I get in there, and he says, how is the choir? Good... chat chat..... and then he says, "Sister Mora will you support your husband in accepting the call to preside over the Ejidal Branch?"
( Branch is a small congregation, Ejidal is the neighborhood, or area we live in, in Martinez de la torre, and where all the other members of the branch live) "We would like him to be the new Branch President?" ( a voluntary position that entails overseeing all the spiritual and logistical progress of our branch)

I am thinking, NO WAY will I support him in this calling! This is such a HUGE repsonsiblity to oversee the whole branch.... besides don't you know that we are leaving soon, dont you know we have no money and no job? Don't you know that our daughter is the biggest distraction there is in our whole branch? but I say...

" Yes president, I will support him" ( tears streaming down my face)

And then I say "President, I am crying because more and more it seems like I will never get back to my country, and more and more we are running out of money, and we have no job. we have gotten some ridiculous offers, and some not so ridiculous offers that would mean working on Sundays, and we have decided that we will Honor the Lords day and serve in His church, but...." he stops me and says,

" I promise you that the Lord has a work for Justino to do in this area, and I promise you that you will be blessed with every needful material thing for your good, and I promise you that you will be taken care of. I also promise you that you will go back to your country, but first the Lord needs you here. Someday you will understand why."

By now I can't even speak I am bawling so hard. Tear that aren't really sad or happy tears. I think tears of finally knowing what God wants us to do. We don't have to keep wondering if we are going home soon, we aren't. We are going to be here for a while. I haven't heard a word from the government since Sept. 28, over a month. Now we can stop waiting. We aren't coming home... yet.... at least not for a while.

Now we know it is going to be a long enough while that it is time to settle down.
This really is happening....Holy shit...
( oh wait I shouldn't say that I am the branch president's wife... hee hee, somethings don't change)

5 comments:

Merilee said...

That is incredible! As I was reading what your stake president was telling you, I was getting chills, and was almost in tears myself. It is amazing the way God speaks through people. That was pure inspiration/revelation. At least you don't have to be in limbo anymore. Just continue taking it day by day...and as he said you will be greatly blessed. As hard as it is and will be (i am sure), what an incredible experience once it's all said and done. You will have so many incredible stories to share. You both are going to bless so many peoples lives. I'm sorry it has to be so hard, just know that you have lots of people praying for you.

jill or jay said...

Wow. You are so brave. It must be so difficult. You must feel like you have to be strong and buck up and just trust God but I tell ya, It would be pretty darn hard for me. I'll be thinking about you and sending prayers your way....and hoping you still get to come home soon.

Merilee said...

wow, it's incredible how much I used the word incredible in my comment. ha ha. Sorry.

josetteplank.com said...

I am reading your entire blog.

First, you MUST turn this into a book at some point. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Second, I would love details of how to wach by hand (did I miss that post?) I am so impressed with this!

Third, I have books. I will gladly get them to you. PLEASE email me at yonkogirl808@yahoo.com and I will give you more details.

Again, this is an amazing blog. Thank you for sharing this adventure!

Barry said...

Brook,

Thanks for finding me on facebook. How wonderful to re-connect with you again after all these years. I saw your blog page listed and started to peruse. No kidding what an adventure!

I especially liked this post. This is a perfect example of the faith that is required of us in order to reach exaltation. It is so refreshing to read the testimony of you and of your unwavering stake president. What a blessing to have such leadership. Your family will be blessed!