Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beauty





Why? you may ask, do I have a WALMART bag on my head?



I am bleaching my hair. I started bleaching my hair when I was 12. I have done it religiously since then, ( except for a small red head phase I had in my early twenties) BUT I haven't done it once, since I moved to canucn, which will be a year next month. The very dark roots that I have been sporting since I got here, have stood as very visible evidence that I have let beauty slip away from my life.


Not just my own physical beauty, but the beauty all around me. My children are beautiful, the nature here is beautiful, but I have not invited that beauty into my life. My soul has become a vessel of survial. Instead of thriving and growing and blooming, it has only allowed enough light in to merely exsist.

It is time for a change people!! Let the light shine in!! Today I didn't want to fold laundry AGAIN, or do the dishes. So instead I made beautiful wheat bread, and pulled my hair through this lovely plastic cap, and waited for the great change that this peroxide will bring.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I knew something was wrong, and yet I just kept hoping it wasn't, but alas.... an hour later, still only slightly faded and hair that was beginning to turn to mush. I hurried to a nearby salon with serious BO and sammy in tote with poopy pants on, and frightened my friend Norma who rinsed and reapplied new solution. Who knew a year in cancun heat could kill the potency of bleach. I should of, it has weakened my potency a time or two, but whatever.


The end result was not only a new color but a new cut. I am glad I did it. Here is me trying to get my sass back. What do you think? Is it working?





5 comments:

Merilee said...

You. are. beautiful. Love the hair!
:)

Liesel said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! That's one good thing about living in Mexico too, it's so much cheaper to get your hair done. I've only done it once myself, but it cost me over a hundred bucks in the states to get a color and cut. Here, like 40. Nice.

CureForCrazy said...

yes! looks great :)

Kami Asay said...

Brook Ann .... I feel you. It is so crazy that we are so far apart but so connected. I've also been in survival mode... but I'm in the states. What does that mean?

Anyways, I love your sexy, beautiful hair and picture. You look really, really good.

PS - Just got your voice mail last night about your house being painted YELLOW! I can't wait to see pictures. It is perfect. Love your girl. KJA

jill or jay said...

You go, girl! I love it!