Tuesday, October 6, 2009

LAZY

Well as you have noticed I have been highly unmotivated to blog, just like everything eles in my life. I have been in a super rut. Sometimes ruts are sad, or angry or just because life is so the same the same, but i think I am just feeling lazy. I don't know. The mexicans have a word for it, they call it "flojera" I don't know an exact translation for it, but it stems from the word floja, that means lazy. The thing that kills me about it, is that Mexicans use it and it is widely accepted as a completely viable reason for not doing something. They say something like, " I was going to ( insert some imortant task here) but, me dio flojera, I didn't feel like it." I guess I am just from a culture where lazy is frowned upon, so it seems shameful to say it out loud. Gotta love these Mexicans.

But then again as I write that, I don't think I have ever met a lazy mexican. They actually work crazy harder than any people I have ever met. Like the women on my street actually move ALL their furniture outside to mop the floor, several times a week! Perhaps they have struck some balance I still don't get.

In the mean time, Tengo Flojera, I just don't feel like doing anything, and I guess since I am in Mexico I can say that, and it's ok.

3 comments:

Merilee said...

Me too. I am feeling just like that! Hopefully it passes soon, cause my place is a mess, and my kids haven't had a bath all week. Ya..gross. haha

Kami Asay said...

I love you Brook. I was in the rut three weeks ago when I knew I had to do something to change my situation, but I HAD NO DESIRE to do ANYTHING to change it. LOL... Life is funny. Quote # 35 on my new favorite list says "Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it". Entonces, si tienes flojera ... esta bien... solo disfrutalo! Te quiero mucho! xox

Yayi said...

It is simply amazing to read your stories and know how hard and happy (at the same time) your life has been since you fell in love with your mexican. I really admire your good attitude towards trials!! Justino is a very fortunate guy for having such a wonderful woman by his side.
Love
Gaby