Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Top Ten August 15


Some of you may have noticed that these Top Ten entries are starting to be farther and farther apart. Quite truthfully it is because moments when I feel positive enough to write one have also started to really space out. I had a glimmer a few days ago, that was extinguished before I could get to the computer, but today I am doing ok, have had a pretty good day so far, so here it is


10. My birthday sucked. We were invited to a wedding, and the only thing I wanted to do was dance with Justio and eat cake. The two days prior were stake YM/YW camp, so I took Eva to my sister in laws, and planned on leaving her there while we went to camp, and while we spent a glorious day alone on my birthday. Well, NOT SO MUCH. We called to check on her Friday night when we got home from camp, and she had been screaming for hours. Jusitno went straight to get here. I was gald she was ok, when we got her home, but sad that our day was seriously compromised. We determied to go to the wedding anyway, but we got there at 9p, and the bride and groom had not arrived, It was a great party, but dinner didn't start until 1030, and by the time we ate Eva was hysterical. We left before the dancing and the cake started. The next day they told us they danced until 4am. That would have been so fun. But the good news is, that they also brought us some leftover cake, and Justino and I danced in our apartment. It was ok, afterall.


9. Camp was an experience, it was like 120 degrees, and It was a struggle for me. The great part was when we got in the river (see attached photo, I am the orange blob in the river) and the kids had a great time. Justino, being in the stake Young Mens, planned and carried off the whole thing. He was a hero. I was not. I left the first night after not being needed all day, and came home and slept in my own bed, and then slept in, WAY IN.


8. With Eva gone I went to the park in the morning for some breakfast, and found a library. It is small, but I am thrilled. It really seems strange to me that there are such poor facilities for books here. There aren't even book stores. I still can't get over it.


7. After some breakfast I went home and cleaned like a fiend. I scrubbed the walls of my kitchen, and mopped the floors, I cleaned every inch of our place. Then I washed for hours on the roof, and got completely caught up on laundry. I hurt my hand, doing it, and haven't been able to lift anything with that hand since, but it felt good to get caught up.


6. I got an ironing board, I have been ironing on a towel on the floor. I put my foot down, and bought an ironing board.


5. Due to some generous contributions of bday money, on Monday I decided to buy a washing machine. Oh imagine my delight thinking I would not ever have to wash again buy hand. I shopped around, and found one at a good price, but my plans were haulted when we heard from Juliann on Monday after noon.


4. Our case has been sent to Home Land Security. We have learned that due to some new immigration laws, ( I'd like to know how they got any new laws passed and when, but whatever) all of the immigration issues that were under Attorney General's jurisdiction have been sent to DHS. Juliann has been in contact with that office to express Senator Hatch's personal interest in our case. She still has no idea for a time line, but says she'll keep me posted.


3. Eva is walking a lot more. Just in the past two days she has gone from walking three or four steps, to walking all the way across the room. Also many thanks to her aunt Jaquis, who sent her about ten pairs of new shoes this last week.


2. Speaking of Jaquis, my father in law came back from the states to live here for a while. Jaquis sent with him my Harry Potter books. I am way behind I haven't even read the 6th, but now I have it. I am re-reading 4 and 5 because it has been so long, it has been so nice to have a book to read.


1. I have been depressed, and realized that it was because I had decided how I thought God should have worked this all out, and once again he is not doing what I want him to. You'd think after no visa in February I would have learned that he thinks my ideas are stupid and always does his own thing. Anyway, I have really come to a place where I know that what I need to do is SUBMIT to His will. Granted knowing that and doing that are two different things, but momemt I am working on that. I hope you all are well, I miss you, and I miss american food. Please eat some for me, paticularly cookies, and Olive Garden. Brook

No comments: