Friday, August 31, 2007

Top Ten August 31

10. eva is walking!!!
9. we have fianlly come into the rainy season, seriouly more rain than I have ever seen, and they have a really poor drainage system, so the streets become rivers in a really short time. I have been grateful for my plastic croc's and short pants.
8. Jusitno was put in the bishopric. I think I may have already posted that, but some people don't know.
7. I went to the store in a bus, ALL BY MYSELF, and then talked the taxi driver down 10 pesos, so I didn't have to ride it back. A serious personal triumph.
6. We have been teaching with the missionaries at night, and met a great young mother named Silvia. She has three kids, and is really down to earth and cool. Seriously seeking truth and has been to church twice.
5. Our case has been transfered from Attorney General's office to Department of Homeland Security, and Juliann our contact in Hatch's office, has been in touch with Micheal Chertoff. directot of DHS, still no timeline, and still no word, but we're praying for a visa THIS year.
4. Learning a lot about what faith really is, submitting the will of the Father, even if it means living in Mexico with NO IDEA what your future holds, and trusting him enough that peace overides the panick. I think I understand it, I am not sure I have it completely. Every day is a new struggle, but onward we march one day at a time.
3. Justino is really longing to work. We are still agressively looking and not finding. Somedays I am sure that means we are going home soon. We are praying that is the case.
2. Eva loves her shoes now. Last week she learned how to take them off, and she threw them off the balcony onto the neighbors water tank. I looked for two days before I fianally found them. Crazy Eva, she is so bootiful.
1. We are still alive here in sunny, actually rainy mexico. WE love you Brook

1 comment:

Merilee said...

good to hear from you..I was starting to get worried. :) That is exciting that Eva is walking!