Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Aniversary

January 10 was our anniversary. Four years married. Seems like longer, and shorter because it feels like we've always been together, but the wedding seems like yesterday. These are the flowers that he sent me. Aren't they beautiful? I love that produce and flowers are extremely cheap here. I mean look at this arrangement, He would pay at least one hundred dollars for this in the states. He wouldn't tell me what he paid, but I know it wasn't $100.
I think as a couple we have been the most united this year. Sometimes I wonder what Justino sees in me. I am a mean, fat old looking lady who doesn't like to do the dishes, and rarely makes the bed. He is always, almost always, so kind to me, and genuinely takes care of me. It still baffles me in a way. Then I think, I followed his ass clear to Mexico. He better love me. He better love me so much. The best part is that he does.

3 comments:

Merilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merilee said...

Happy Anniversary! You make me laugh! "I followed his ass clear to Mexico, he better love me" lol
You are beautiful, kind, strong, independent, smart and many other things that I am sure he loves about you! You two are perfect together. and your not the only one who hates to do the dishes. :)

Earning Money the legit way. said...

I just found your blog, and wanted to wish you luck. My husband and I had a similiar experience. Almost 20 yrs ago when I applied for his legality to be in the states, we were sent to Honduras( his home country) and then there we were told he couldn't come back in until a form we filled out was approved. It took 12 months for that form to be approved. We lived in Honduras for a year. I learned how to wash clothes too, and saw many things I never imagined existed. I look forward to reading more of your adventure. C