Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barak

So I just read the inaugaration speak of our new president Mr.Barak Obama. Quite moving actually. Wonder if he wrote it himself. Wonder if he meant all that he said, more importantly, Wonder if he'll do all he said he would do.

I am proud that our country has evolved enough to elect a black president. I want to think that I live in a world where color really doesn't matter. Seems to be a step in the right direction. Have you ever read Martin Luther King's "I have a dream speech" ? It is masterful. He predicted a black president. His Dream was prophetic. One line of that speech really grabbed me, when I first read it in the pit of hell, Juarez. He said " Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffereing is redemptive." Great men like Martin Luther King were great because of the truth that they promoted and drove into reality.

I wonder if Obama is great. I have to admit, that speech he gave this morning was pretty solid. He's no Martin Luther King, but still. I sit here in Mexico and I have to wonder, will he fail me too? The US government has failed me and my family. What will you do Barak? I can't wait to see.

1 comment:

Brooks Mama said...

Brookie, The temporal world will always fail us at times, but your God is perfectly mindful of where you are and what you need to do and YOU ARE DOING IT SO WELL. Enjoy the adventure. You'll be back in the states oneday, until then: Home is where Justino is and those darling, darling children. They will sleep a long, long time when they are teenagers!