Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have to draw a line somewhere

I have done it. I have drawn a line. No poop in my hair. Is that such an unheard of boundry? Sam seems to think so.

I don't consider myself a stranger to poop. I changed adult diapers for a living for like five years. One of my patients Goldie, pooped on the beautiful white carpet in her rich daughters bathroom, and I have to clean it up. I got it out. No one ever knew. A blind patient of mine flooded her toilet one day and the water and sewage created a inch of poop that was washed into a thick paste ,that was plastered all over her bathroom floor. I was grateful that one wasn't a carpet floor, I scraped that mess clean. I didn't even gag. I can't say that for the time I had to put poop in viles for a stool sample for eva, ( when we thought she had giardia) . That was a little hard for me. I change poopy diapers everyday. I use cloth diapers so I have to swish them out in the toilet every time. I get my hands right in there to get those suckers poop free before they go in my clorox bucket. Like I said, I am no stranger to poop.I have learned good hand washing skills and am ok with my close aquaintance to poop. It's like that book says, Everybody poops.

But for some reason today, I still don't quite know how, I couldn't stop smelling poop. I had washed my hands, all the diapers were rinsed out and outside. Sammy was clean. I couldn't figure it out. Then I looked in the mirror, and saw that a strand of hair right near my face was darker than the others. You know, like when you accidentally run your masacre brush through your hair? Like that, only brown, and putrid. So only one thing to do. SHOWER.

Now I know it's a lot to ask. A mother of small children to actually take ten minutes for herself to wash the poop out of her hair, but come on people. Poop in my hair, I had to draw a line. So Sam cried like he was being stabbed the whole time I was in there. I was reminded why I don't shower quite as regularly as I used to. But I got the poop out. Somehow I needed more. I actually blew my hair dry. I don't think I have done that yet in cancun. And then it was like a snowball effect. I put make up on, another rare event, and even wore purfume. I mean there are things a girl has to do, to recover from something like poop in her hair.

Well the happenings were more than Sam could bare. I think my full on shower and make up fest may have bordered on child abuse because he cried so hard. I sit and reflect upon it, and I have to admit, I would do it all again. I mean I have to draw line.

3 comments:

Merilee said...

uhg, that is disgusting! But funny. Way to go for taking some you time. You DEFINITELY deserved that shower.

Married to a Mexican said...

Hi there Brook Ann,

I came across your blog today and it looks like we have something in common....We're both married to Mexicans. Wow I can't believe all the junk you have had to go through to get you, your husband and kids living in the good ole USA. I guess I take that for granted. We never went through that. Anyway just thought I would drop you a note and introduce myself. I'm Tina! you can visit me at www.marriedtoamexican.com
See Ya!
Tina
I'll keep following your story.

Jennifer said...

Hey!!
Long time no email, LOL. Your son is so cute!! Your blog was one of the first ones that I checked when I got back a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't wait to see what you had, and how you were doing!

As far as poop in your hair, girl if your kids are anything like mine, poop in your hair is one of the better places that you will find poop, LOL. Not to scare you or anything. *sigh* oh how I remember poop parties. And I am sure with the younger 3 there will be more poop parties to come.

I have something for you on my blog - stop by when you can to check it out.

http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-am-fabulous.html

~Jennifer