Friday, October 26, 2007

Hit the Roads Calderon

So one thing that I see alot her that floors me is the lack ofpaved roads. I know I have mentioned it before, but really Mexican Government, can you pull it together enough to pave ALL the roads. I am thinking, hmmm...im my country, first pipes, water sweage etc, then curb and cutter, and then paved roads, THEN houses. These poor people, live in these decent houses, and drive decent cars, and they have to drive over what I have only seen in the mountains on the way to camp in the US. It's not like just in some underdeveloped area, where the most poor people live, are short paved roads. Its everywhere. ANd while I am on the subject, how about drainage! Gutter and Storm drains we things that I never though about until I noticed her that is rains for ten minutes and we have a river for a street. I literal river.

The other morning I took Justino to paint this really beatiful house, and I was totally four wheeling to get to it. And I see this woman walked from her house to the main road. She is dressed very professionally, and then I look at her shoes. She is wearing these beautiful elegant heels, and HIKING to get to the main road to take a bus or taxi to work. I am thinking, only hiking boots are fit to brave this terrain, not stelettos! I can't believe what I took for granted!

1 comment:

jill or jay said...

I think you are the one that is inspiring. You are living a life based on huge beliefs and the love you have for your wonderful child and husband...and I'm painting a chair in a comfy home with Walmart around the corner. You rock girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you for good news soon! And there is such humility and grace in one who walks the difficult roads in elegant footwear.