Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten April 16, 2007

Top Ten April 16, 2007

10. I learned how to wash by hand this week. My neighbor taught me. What a process, but I have never had whiter cleaner clothes. I thought that the bus ride made me a real Mexican, no this did it.
9. There is little Chihuahua dog that lives on the roof of our apartment building and his name is Tommy; he is eva´s new best friend.
8. I got a stove!!!
7. I got a fridge, it was broken, but it got fixed; now all we have to do is get the cockroaches out of it and we will be in business, we will finally be able to eat at home. What a hassle it has been to feed eva with out access to a functional kitchen.
6. On Wednesday it got so hot that we decided to go to Jalapa, the capitol of Vera Cruz, because it is cooler there. Eva had a rash all over her face because of the heat. We also decided that we should apply for some work there, so we went. Eva got sick on the four hour bus ride through the windy mountain roads, and then threw up all over me and her blanket, which was catastrophic, because she loves that blanket, and we had to take it away from her. We stunk pretty badly. We stayed in Jalapa till Saturday. Besides the sick baby, we had a great time. She got better as we got there, we stayed with some of justino´s friends and they even had a crib, what a bonus.
5. They let me put eva in the nursery at church here. I guess Mexicans don’t care about the 18 month rule. I enjoyed church like I haven’t in so long. We belong to a branch, there were only 24 people there, and I counted. It was really spiritual, I had a great Sunday.
4. after church we came to see Justino´s sister Julia, she is so good to us and we feel so at home with her.
3. Justino´s brothers are coming today, which means in a matter of hours I will have a car, a pillow and a crib for eva, and so many luxuries, that I thought were necessities until I moved here.
2. My feet are healing. I have about 30 bug bites on every foot, under my toes, and up my ankles. They like white meat here I guess. Julia is a nurse and she treated my very swollen feet.
1. There is a lady that passes by our house every morning selling fresh squeezed orange juice. It is a liter for a dollar. IT IS AWESOME. The morning is sweet, we are doing well, and everything is ok. Thanks for your love and prayers. Brook

No comments: