Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten July 22

10. It is Saturday night and I am finally up and at it again. I have had a bad back all week. I went to a mexican healer, who rubed my back into place, then wrapped me in an ace bandage. I can't decide if it was a hoax that this guy actually fixed me and I would have been better by now anyway, but we decided to take that route becaeu the American Trained Doctor that i was thinking about seeing was four times as much money. At any rate. I am ok.
9. As we walked arougd the flea market this week buying our produce I felf overwhelmingly happy and really impressed that I should cherish this cool experience becaseu it will be over soon. Who knows what that means, I am starting to learn that God and I don't really have the same definition for words. SOon to me and soon to him, are quite different.
8. Justino has been really urgent about finishing all the geneolgy that he can before we leave. He has also felt that are time is limited here and he will regret it when we get to the states if he doesn't have all the work done. Again it makes me hope that we will be out of here soon, but there is that work, again, SOON.
7. Eva is almost walking. She took 11 steps the other day, and that so far is her personal best.
6. I might of mentioned it last week, but I did all my laundry at a sister in the ward's house. She has a washer, and it was a dream. If I did mention it last week, it is so worth mentioning again.
5. Justino and I were sad on the Friday, the 20 becuase we knew the family was at the parade and the fireworks, so we tried to feel extra american and we went to Dominos and bought a pizzza. While we were waiting a barefoot handicapp child asked me for money. He was so dynamic and yet not pushy, and I was overwhelmed that most of the world lives such a harder life than I do.
4. We have visited Justino's very old, over 100 year old grandmother twice this week. She has been sick, but still helping us with names and dates for geneology. I love the gray hairs of the world. They have so much to offer.
3.Mexico beat the USA in soccer in the Panamericanos games, and we were all sreaming and dancing at the music they play when Mexico scores. Eva was having a riot. She was as excited as Jsutio.
2. And by the way, as many of you saw while Iwas in Utah, Eva loved me the best. That is nno longer the case. She wants nothing to do with me, she wants to be with her daddy every minute She cries when he leaves the room, I can leave no problem. But she is madly in love with Jusitno.
1. We went to eat breakfast on the corner. this lady wakes up at three and cooks until seven then serves breakfast ont he corner. We went down there and it was overcast, as it has been alot this week thank heavens, and Eva sat like an angel on her daddy's lap and ate eggs. It cost us about three bucks to eat awesome food, and I told justino, even thoguth I am missing american food, that is impossible to get here, I will miss those breakfasts on the corner if we ever get home.
Hope you are all well. Love ya

No comments: