Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten June 3


June 3
10. We went to see Spider Man 3 this week. We left Eva with my sister in law's mom ( Griselda's mom) and we went for Jusitno's birthday. It was in Spanish so I was bummed I thought would just be subtitled, but we had a really good date. We both worried about eva and were happy to have her back after the show. It was cheap, 70 pesos for both of us to go the movie and have a drink, peanuts and a snickers bar. That is about $7.

9. Justino tuned 30 years old this week. We went to his sister and made Hibus, crabs. They were really good. We had choir and church things to do that night so we were glad we went to the movie the night before.

8. We went to the ground breaking of a new chapel here. It was really historic. It felt so mission field. The choir sang and I almost passed out while I conducted because of the heat, but nobody knew, and it was ok. The choir was flat and the women sang the mens verse, and I wondered why we even practiced, but the next time will be better. They were acapella and it was really hot, they must have just lost their minds for a minute.

7. Jusitno got a job this week. Don't get too excited. We didn't take it because it was all day Sunday and Saturday, those are the days we work the most for the church. I was so impressed that he turned it down. I know that god will give him something better.

6. He has an interview on Tuesday to work for a major bus lines here called ADO. WE are hopeful. One of the managers lives in our complex and she helped him get the interview. She told us that the money would be really good. We are hopeful that she is right and that the schedule will work out.

5. I woke up one morning this week with a cockroach on my arm and Justino says that I should work in horror movie industry because I have that kind of scream. I fumigated, we are fine now.

4, 3, 2, 1 I AM COMING HOME JUNE 12 UNTIL JULY 11. SO BE EXCITED. I am actually surprised that I am really sad to leave. My callings are going and I am feeling so settled here. I can't believe it. I thought that I would never feel that way. What a blessing this experience has been. I love you all and can't wait to see you

No comments: