Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten May 9

10. So I love the way tortillas go here. In The United States I made tortillas by hand at least once a day. Sometimes more, here I just send Justino to the corner, and he brings hot fresh tortillas to the table for 5 pesos. that is like 50 cents. IT IS SO GREAT. At least in that way life here is easier.
9. Eva is really starting to do good here. I have decided that she is just going to be dirty a lot, and so I put her on the floor. She is crawling a lot, and eating a lot of bugs, but she is getting so big, and she is a lot happier. Although she still wakes up about three times a night we are doing better with her ( Mollie, do you have any advice) Justino has started calling her Barbie, because she has the cutest clothes in Mexico thanks to her aunt Jaquis, who sends her SO MANY CLOTHES.
8. I am finally feeling better. I got WAY WAY sick on Saturday, and I threw up all night, and all day Sunday. That sucked, but I am fine now.
7. ON Sunday we got officially called in our new callings. I don’t know if I wrote about this last week, so forgive me if this is a repeat. Jusitno is now the Sunday School teacher, Ward mission leader, a counselor in the stake young mens, and a counselor in the branch young mens. I am stake music coordinator. They want me to teach the five branches in the stake to lead the music and teach some of the members that have some piano skills to play the hymns. Also they want a stake choir, which I will organize, and also I am training another sister to direct the choir when I leave. I am also in the Young Womans in the branch and of course the branch pianist. In our interviews they really focused for Jusitno and I both to train the members here how the programs should work. there is such little leadership here.
6. Frankie Morales, is the high counselor who did our interviews. WHAT AN AMAZING MAN. he is amazing. He has really befriended us. He came to our house Sunday to tell us that we needed to go early to the church and he saw that I was sick. He helped Jusitno give me a blessing. On Monday he knew that I was still sick and so he drove to our house again to bring us the info of the doctor where he takes his family. He invited us to go to his house, and his wife cooked. that was a good brake for me. It was really cool where he lives and that was also nice. Then he told us that his mother is dying and that he was sending his wife to be with her, and that he had to travel for his work, but that he wanted us to have a key to his house so we could come and have a place to relax if we needed it. He opened his wallet and gave us his key. I was really touched. He was a bright spot in my week .
5. We went to a parade on 5 de Mayo, all the elementary schools march. it is so cute. The girls have tambourines and the boys play the drums. Eva was mesmerized. We had a great time.
4. We went to Tlpacoyan to see one of Jusitno´s aunts and send her a gift from Jaquis. It has been really fun to meet all of Justino´s family here.
3. I tasted coconut milk right out a coconut at Jusitno´s sisters house. Her husband picked one up and cut it in half with a machete, and I drank it. It wasn’t that good.
2. A sister in the ward invited me to wash at her house. She has a washing machine, so I got to wash my comforter. IT was so dirty. I am getting so good at washing by hand, I do it Monday Wednesday and Friday. I feel so tough when I do it. ITS AWESOME:
1. Jusitno is really taking care of me. This has been such a struggle and I have really had to rely on him. Let s be real, THAT IS SO HARD FOR ME. But it is so good for us. Keep praying that we will come home soon. I love you all. Brook

No comments: