Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten April 23ish

10. We went to meet Justino´s aunt Eufrasia. She is his dad´s sister. She is like four feet and so wrinkley that you can barely see her eyes. She looks like someone out of National Geographic. Long grey hair and no front tooth. She was happy to she us, and she insisted that she feed us, so we followed outside to this shack where she has a kitchen. She cooks over a fire. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Then she walked outside and kills a chicken WITH HER BARE STINKING HANDS; broke its neck. Then she puts it in a bucket in the sink in her shack, and plucks it and washes it, and then cuts it up and an hour or so later we ate it in a soup.- I was floored. Speaking of floors she has dirt floors. Everything is up on bricks, like the beds and some really humble couches that she had. She had chicken and turkeys and pigs and ducks and dogs, and eva was in heaven.
9. After we met Tia Frasia, we met Justino´s mother’s mother. She is 95. She is a dear. Lives with Jusino´s mothers only brother, who was also named Guadalupe. can you imagine having two children and naming them both Guadalupe? I would get confused. They fed us again, I was stuffed.
8. Eva is sleeping a little better, at least at night. Although she never sleeps for more than 20 minutes in the day. I think that it must be because she is in the middle of everything, and the dogs and the roosters never stop, not to mention the neighbor’s music. Anyway, she is going to sleep without a bottle which is a big deal to me, I don’t have to feed her to sleep. The nights have improved hopefully the days will to.
7. I am learning a lot about how spoiled kids are in the US. Justino´s niece that is eight years old taught me how to cook over a fire; she chops the wood, builds the fire, and knows how to manage the heat. We fried bananas for Justino, they were so good.
6. We found a guy that Brer Baptized in Minnesota, Justino Bastien Mota. he is form here, and he is back. We had an awesome time with him, he lives in Arroyo Hondo by Julia.
5. I went to see Justino´s dad´s cows, They are in the mountains, It was cool, and eva loved it.
4. I had tamales on Sunday with another uncle of Justino. We are eating really good here.
3. I am battling cockroaches still, and found one in eva´´s clothes. It freaked me out, so I kicked some organization but today, and there is not one thing one the floor of the closet.
2. The missionaries are eating at our house this week and it is so nice to be able to cook for them. I finally am established enough to do so. YEAH
1. I really think that this whole mess has been to make me rely on Justino, I am so helpless here. In the united states, I could need him or not. I guess that is the perk/vice of being a capable independent woman, but it has been so good for our relationship. Now if we could just get eva on board with this Mexican adventure. In the mean time, pray and fast, we want to come home soon. I love you all BATG

No comments: