Saturday, July 28, 2007

Top Ten July 13

SO It has been a little hard coming home to Mexico this time. Seeing and being with Justino has been a dream come true, but I do;t know the uncertainty of this situation and the nature of this beast has really been getting to me. The first time I came everything was new and that was fun, but now I am just wondering if we will ever be in a place that we can feel liek we are really setteled in to. We feel stagnant, and like we can't really progress becaseu our future is so uncertain. We expect to knwo the status of our case by Aug. 3 and then we hope that will give us some direction, in the mean time here is my top ten.

Also the trip to Utah was great, Kami's wedding was perfect, and I am so grateful I got to be there. I am sorry that there are many of you that I didn't get to see, but know I love you.

10. Jusitno got a TV while I was gone. His sister had one that they didn't use. Jaquis sent us out DVD player from Florida, and I have been watching my "Friends" DVD's. makes the apartmet so much fun.
9. It is way cooler than when I left, now about 98 to 100 instead of 120. Also it rained today and the locals here say that this could be the start of the rainy season, which would be great for me I love the rain and it really cools off when it rains.
8. Eva wa an angel on the plane ride home. We got home without incident, except for that Jusiton drove the truck to pick us up and got pulled over by a federal highway patrol for not having a front plate. Then he haggeled with him about the permit we have for having the truck in Mexico, long story shourt it ended up costin us 1000 pesos, which is right about 100 USD. Corrupt bastards, if you pay them enough they let you go. At least it wasn't more than that.
7. Becaseu of the pull over incident, Justino was an hour and a half late picking us up. I didn't panick, Eva and I practiced walking up and down the terminal, but Eva regognized her Daddy immediately, and hasn't wanted to leave his side since.
6. Jusitno said that he had a surprose for me, and he had the whole house full of flowers. It was cool, and we had a wonderful reunion.
5. I was complaining the other day, because all I wanted was a good cookie, which doesn't exsist in this country, and Justino went on a hunt and found oreos. I really meant like some home baked good, but the gesture was so sweet.
4. My back has been out, and we went to see a chiropractor who perscibed three deep tissue massages, the first of which was today. It was pretty nice. THere are some luxuries here. \
3. Eva has taken about three or four steps on her own, but she is way not motivated to do more than that. We are hoping she will be getting around soon.
2. I washed this week at a sister in my ward's house. I was too behind to do it by hand. So how good was that! I got to use a machine. YEAH.
1. Justino is the best, and we are having so much fun being back together. We don't want to be separated, ever again. In the mean time, I hope that you all are cherishing your luxuries, like couches, and carpet, and appliances, warm water. All of which I miss, but will have again soon, I hope. Keep praying for us so that we will be home soon. Love you, Brook

No comments: